Wednesday, December 23, 2009
First of all, Merry Christmas!! Here is some of the latest news regarding the Jacob’s Well project.
1. Lake Forest Park Pres. has committed to the clearing with the support of Matt Howland at Howland Homes. They are also considering taking on the earthwork, grading, transport, excavation and export. This would be a huge blessing.
2. Another group is currently considering taking on the foundation.
3. Adam Blackner from Precision Site Works is currently working on a bid for the other pieces of the site work.
4. Liza Lange, Joan Neiman and Dan Pica have all agreed to support the project management efforts.
5. Joan Neiman and Susan Camerer will be meeting with the architects on January 6th to finalize the project specs.
6. Mars Hill Shoreline, Aurora Nazarene, Calvin Pres and several other churches have fundraising efforts taking place. Please send updates when you have them.
7. Pam Jackson, Margo Serrano and Emily Olsen are heading up the prayer team.
8. Jim Manker, Gary Kingsbury, Bill Bear and Linda Rutowski are working on Recruiting.
9. Judson Bartels, Justin Schaeffer and others are working on communications.
10. Bill Sunderland from VisionSynergy and Gary Kingsbury have both done an excellent job facilitating this effort.
Please fill in with more detail if you have it!! Thanks. Susan Camerer, Executive Director
Monday, December 7, 2009
Below are notes from the Vision House Shoreline Project (Jacob’s Well) meeting on 12/3/09. Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or corrections. Thank you for all your support and interest!
After reviewing the project’s history and overview, recent
commitments from Calvin Presbyterian Church, Lake Forest Park Presbyterian Church, and Aurora Nazarene Church, and Mars Hill Church were shared. Vision House appreciated these churches’ efforts to financially support this project and provide examples to others!
Each group discussed next steps to support the project:
1. The Prayer Support Group bathed the project and this meeting
with prayer. They will be communicating prayer requests and responses on a regular basis. A prayer walk on the project property was conducted after the meeting. Contact Pam Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Recruitment Group will be contacting 300 churches by the
end of January. They would appreciate any assistance with this effort and any leads to specific churches. Contact Jim Manker email@example.com or Bill Bear firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Communications Group is working on various tools to
support the project – Power Point Presentation, Project Graphic Puzzle, Project Video, and Press Releases. They asked everyone support with viral marketing through Face book, Twitter, and You Tube; as well web site links with Vision House. Contact Judson Bartels email@example.com
4. The Construction Group reviewed the talents and resources in
the group. A three-member project management team has been formed. There are still needs for a construction supervisor and captains for each construction phase. The group discussed various ways to involve vendors for assistance with labor and resources. Vision House can provide L&I coverage for volunteers, liability coverage for venders, and tax donations. Building permits need to be pulled by February and construction needs to start within the year. Contact Susan Camerer firstname.lastname@example.org
“The City” software will be used for project activity. Vision House needs email addresses of interested parties to incorporate into the software. This software will be used for events/calendars, group activities & communications, as well as tracking commitments, resources, and requests. Once you are connected with The City, please join all interested working groups.
The next gathering is planned for the first Thursday in March at Schirmer Auditorium again. More details again.
Thank you for sacrificing part of your morning!
Vision House Board Member
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
The meeting had 28 participants, representing 15 different organizations. Background information on Vision House and the Shoreline (Jacob’s Well) project was shared. Participants discussed their possible involvement in the project, commitments, questions/issues, and next steps. A special group on construction issues was formed.
Key items from these discussions were:
- The need for more networking activities to increase the number of participating churches and other organizations. Jim Manker challenged the group to bring someone with them to the December 3rd meeting, doubling our numbers! Please let me or Vision House know if you need any support or materials to do your peer-to-peer recruiting.
- The need for an updated data base of churches and key church and community players in the
North King Countyand area. Linda Rutkowski volunteered to work with the Vision House staff to complete this task. South Snohomish County
- The need for a prayer support group for the project. Emily Olsen and Pamela Jackson volunteered to get this group started and working.
- The need for project management/project leader.
Susan Camereris currently filling this role until other resources can take over this responsibility.
- The need for a Shoreline project video with history and story by Kurt Campbell. Steve Tompkins and James Harleman volunteered to get the resources for the video and contact Kurt for this project.
- The need for additional web-based tools. Steve Tompkins volunteered to see if Zondervan Publishing would donate their social networking tool, “The City,” to this project.
- The construction group needs a more detailed budget. Todd, Victor, Gabby, and Susan will work to get this information.
- The need for more resources and funding to do the project! Participants were asked to identify what resources and funding is available from their organization, and bring this information to the December 3rd meeting. Obviously this is a major prayer request also.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Date: Thursday October 29th
Time: 7 – 8:30 AM, Coffee provided.
Location: Campbell Nelson Nissan Conference Room
24325 Highway 99 (across from the Home Depot/Costco Shopping Center)
Edmonds, CA 98026
Invite others from your church and other churches that would be interested in learning more about this project.
Invite individuals in the construction industry that would be interested in serving on the Project Advisory Team.
For more information contact:
Vision House Board Member
(206) 962-1496 cell
(206) 542-0826 home
Friday, October 2, 2009
So how do we move forward on this project? Yesterday, six local church leaders came together to see what role they can take. We have broken the project down to 47 bite size pieces. Our goal is now to mobilize 47 churches to do a smaller portion of the project and to build the project piece by piece.
If you want to learn more about the construction, please plan on attending the 7:00 AM meeting at Campbell Nelson Nissan near Costco in Edmonds Thursday, October 29th, 2009.
We would also like to invite you to the combined north and south end event which will be held at the Bellevue Hilton Tuesday, October 13th. Registration begins at 11:30 AM. We have combined this year's events to use our resources wisely. More detail.
I love the story of Nehemiah. Nehemiah wept for his people who were suffering. Their homes had been destroyed. Their city wall lay in ruins; its gates destroyed by fire. They lived in disgrace. But God called him to rebuild the city wall and he obeyed. At times, he faced such adversity that the laborers would build with tools in one hand and a sword in the other. Nehemiah kept his weapon near, ready to fight for his family, the unprotected, and the vulnerable. Ready to defend the people that he was called to protect. And I am here to tell you, we are ready for the fight. And I ask that you fight along side us for protection of the weak, the poor, the homeless and the vulnerable.
It will be difficult. It will not go quickly. But I guarantee, when you see God face to face and life here on earth is over, you will hear, “Well done my good and faithful servant!”
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Save the date and plan to join us for an informative and inspiring benefit breakfast to raise funds to build Vision House Jacob’s Well.
Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Time: 7:30 – 8:45 a.m.
Location: Lynnwood Convention Center
3711 – 196th St. SW, Lynnwood 98036
Cost: Entrance is free to this fundraising event.
RSVPs are required at 425-228-6356
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
So of the $4.4 million needed to raise for the first phase of the Jacob's Well complex, the team has raised just over $2 million. We can most likely raise an additional $1.3 in grants leaving a faith goal from churches, individuals and corporations of about $1 million. We are still working on the construction permits so they will be in place when God provides the finances. We are moving forward in faith.
Please continue to pray for provision and wisdom. Thank you.
Monday, June 22, 2009
August 30th, 2:00 PM to 3:30
Local church groups will meet on the Jacob's Well property in Shoreline to pray for the homeless in the community and show support for the Jacob's Well complex. For protection of the families we will serve, Vision House does not publish the exact location, so we’re shuttling people to the property from the Aldercrest Learning Center: 2800 NE 200th St., Shoreline. Thanks to Aurora Church of the Nazarene for taking the lead on this event! You and your church can help out with clearing the property, bringing refreshments, promoting the event with your congregation, etc. For more information or to help out, contact Mary Burton at email@example.com or 425-228-6356. We hope to see you there!
Also, please become a "fan" on Facebook at the following link: Build Jacob's Well